Posted on by Admin
Winter means cozy nights, quality time with your loved ones, and warm comfort food. But, it also means the potential of driving in hazardous weather conditions. Snow, sleet, and rain are obvious threats encountered by drivers during winter. Going for a well-maintained car rental Vancouver is a good option to keep you safe in frosty conditions. Therefore, we have listed some top tips that you can follow when you are going to collect a hired car in winter:
Tips for stress-free pick-up of a hired car
When you are going to collect your hired car in dark, wintry, or icy conditions, then there are few things you should keep in mind. Here in this blog, we have covered the top tips that you can follow while collecting your hired car from a car rental Vancouver company.
• It is vital for you to do a quick check over of your hired car. Make sure that the fuel tank of your car should be at least half-filled. This will be a necessity before you set off on a long-distance journey. Most rental companies provide cars with full gas tanks and expect that they will be returned the same way.
• Check on all mechanical parts, such as the headlights; everything should be in working condition. This is essential, so that you do not get on the road with broken or not working lights, as it could be hazardous in the cold weather.
• Whenever you collect a hired car, you should check that the car windshield is clean and the wipers are working properly.
• You should also ensure that the air conditioner and heater in the car are working properly. This could be the quickest way to defog a car windshield.
• Collecting a car in winter, especially in the dark, is a challenging process. You should bring a flashlight with you to enable the proper inspection of the car for any damage or deficiencies. This will help you to avoid being charged for pre-existing damage.
• One thing you should keep in mind is that the car should have a fully-stocked emergency kit. The safety equipment in the car will help you in emergency situations.
These are some useful tips you can follow when you collect your hired car from your chosen car rentals Vancouver company. It is also essential to keep your senses sharp while driving a car in harsh winter conditions. Make sure to plan a route before starting your journey in winter, so you can keep your focus on driving safely.
Category Car HireTag